California-based semiconductor supplier KLA-Tenor (KLAC) is one of the world's biggest manufacturers of equipment used in the creation of integrated circuits. That means that KLA had heavy exposure to the recent downturn in semiconductor stocks - and the semiconductor manufacturing halt that accompanied the depths of 2008's recession. As the industry restarts its engines, KLA should continue to climb back to its past sales numbers.
Thanks to a massive store of valuable intellectual property, KLA has significant competitive advantages over peers. As a result, the firm boasts a large, sticky installed base. Even though the recession heavily impacted KLA's revenue stream, profitability levels have returned to pre-crisis levels. That increased profitability is helping to boost KLA's increased payouts to shareholders.Last week, management announced a 40% dividend increase, bringing the firm's total payout to 35 cents per share. That represents a 2.3% yield at current price levels. KLA is on of the top holdings of David Tepper's Appaloosa Management.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV