California-based semiconductor supplier KLA-Tenor (KLAC) is one of the world's biggest manufacturers of equipment used in the creation of integrated circuits. That means that KLA had heavy exposure to the recent downturn in semiconductor stocks - and the semiconductor manufacturing halt that accompanied the depths of 2008's recession. As the industry restarts its engines, KLA should continue to climb back to its past sales numbers.
Thanks to a massive store of valuable intellectual property, KLA has significant competitive advantages over peers. As a result, the firm boasts a large, sticky installed base. Even though the recession heavily impacted KLA's revenue stream, profitability levels have returned to pre-crisis levels. That increased profitability is helping to boost KLA's increased payouts to shareholders.Last week, management announced a 40% dividend increase, bringing the firm's total payout to 35 cents per share. That represents a 2.3% yield at current price levels. KLA is on of the top holdings of David Tepper's Appaloosa Management.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV