Plains All American Pipeline
Master limited partnership Plains All American Pipeline (PAA) is an investment vehicle that was basically designed to generate income from the storage and transportation of petroleum and natural gas. As a result, Plains sports a massive dividend payout and frequent appearances on this list of dividend increasers. Don't be fooled by the small 1.3% increase in PAA's payout last week -- the company's 6.1% yield is staggering right now.
Plains' business is built on the consistent demand for crude oil and natural gas in the middle states, operations that benefit from a deep economic moat given the fact that Plains itself owns the infrastructure that transports that lifeblood to the Midwest. While the business can be complex, the firm's management team has proven adept at making meaningful acquisitions and hedging against downswings in the company's commodity exposure.
>> Keep the stock market at your fingertips with TheStreet's iPad app.Because of PAA's structure as an MLP, the stock sports a relatively scant balance sheet, opting instead to pass through the vast majority of its income to unit holders. The firm's income is consistent, and growth has remained positive throughout the recession -- unit holders can count on financial stability in this high-yield stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV