That brings us to one of Cummins' major customers -- Paccar (PCAR), a manufacturer of light to heavy-duty trucks that sport the well-known Peterbilt, Kenworth, and DAF names. The company is another of last week's dividend-increasers, with a 50% hike in its payout announced last Monday.
Like Cummins, Paccar has significant exposure to the industrial sector, with demand for trucks largely dependent on freight volume, construction, and manufacturing output. That said, Paccar's respected brand names and heavy overseas exposure spared the company from significant problems during the recession. Looking forward, innovation in the firm's truck offerings should play well to the aging worldwide truck fleet. From a financial standpoint, Paccar looks strong. The company has a well-capitalized balance sheet with a manageable level of total debt and nearly $2.7 billion in cash and short-term investments. Paccar's dividend should continue to perform for investors in 2011 and beyond.Paccar is one of the highest-yielding automotive stocks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV