Dr. Stanley Pearle, 92, founder of Pearle Vision, died peacefully at home on Thursday, July 21, 2011 in Dallas, TX surrounded by family and friends.
Perhaps best remembered by the iconic jingle, “Nobody cares for eyes more than Pearle,” Dr. Stanley Pearle built the foundation of his business around what he called a “culture of friendly service.” By combining quality eye care, friendly service and savvy marketing strategy, Pearle became a nationally recognized brand name and the first optical retailer in America to sell eyewear coast-to-coast.
“Dr. Stanley Pearle was our patriarch and we’ll honor his legacy the way we always have – by remaining committed to the ideals and service excellence he built the Pearle Vision brand upon from the very beginning,” said Seth McLaughlin, executive vice president and general manager of Pearle Vision.
Dr. Pearle founded Pearle Optical in 1961 with a single store in Savannah, Georgia. In 1981 Pearle began offering franchises, and in that same year he established the Pearle Vision Foundation – a non-profit now known as the OneSight® Research Foundation. The OneSight Research Foundation supports eye health research and invests in students pursuing a Doctor of Optometry degree via the Dr. Stanley Pearle Scholarship Fund. Since its inception in 2007 the fund has awarded a total of $140,000 in scholarships to 70 students.The OneSight Research Foundation is an arm of OneSight, a family of vision care programs dedicated to providing vision care and eyewear to those in need around the world and here at home. To date, OneSight has helped more than 8 million people receive quality, free eye care and eyeglasses. Philanthropic efforts were close to Dr. Pearle’s heart and outside of the work he did for the OneSight Research Foundation he devoted his time and leadership efforts to the United Way and Jewish Welfare Foundation.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV