McDonald's earned $1.41 billion, or $1.35 a share, up 14.6% from year-earlier profit of $1.23 billion, or $1.13 a share, while revenue jumped 16.1% to $6.91 billion from $5.95 billion.
BJ's said late Thursday it grew quarterly earnings by 30%, leading analysts to raise their price targets on the casual dining company, citing its flexibility in pricing and push to offer "small bites" menu choices. BJ's booked a profit of $8.2 million, or 28 cents a share, on revenue growth of 17% to $152.9 million. Ruby Tuesday also reported late Thursday, though its profit fell 33.8%. It missed expectations, which the company attributed to greater advertising spending and impairment costs, which offset an increase in revenue.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV