McDonald's earned $1.41 billion, or $1.35 a share, up 14.6% from year-earlier profit of $1.23 billion, or $1.13 a share, while revenue jumped 16.1% to $6.91 billion from $5.95 billion.
BJ's said late Thursday it grew quarterly earnings by 30%, leading analysts to raise their price targets on the casual dining company, citing its flexibility in pricing and push to offer "small bites" menu choices. BJ's booked a profit of $8.2 million, or 28 cents a share, on revenue growth of 17% to $152.9 million. Ruby Tuesday also reported late Thursday, though its profit fell 33.8%. It missed expectations, which the company attributed to greater advertising spending and impairment costs, which offset an increase in revenue.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV