I'm told that some of Amag's largest shareholders aren't happy at all with this Allos merger. Whether that anger and frustration is enough to compel anyone to try to stop the deal from closing remains to be seen. What I do know, talking to some of Amag's shareholders, is that management needs to do a better job selling the merits of merging with Allos.
Lastly, you have to feel bad for Allos shareholders, who are really getting the shaft. The merger, as proposed, has no collar, only a fixed payout ratio, so the payday falls as Amag's stock price falls. The deal, as announced Wednesday morning, valued Allos at $2.44 a share, a smallish 18% premium. As of Thursday midday trading, the merger with Amag valued Allos at $2.05 -- technically a take-under, no premium.
If Allos shareholders want someone to blame for their shabby treatment, direct your ire to Warburg Pincus, Allos' largest shareholder, which wanted a speedy, no muss exit from its position, according to sources.
Brent B. asks,
"Any new information or opinions on Nymox
(NYMX)? Your last article on Nymox was open ended due to the lack of information given by
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Adam Feuerstein. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/adamfeuerstein. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV