Capstone Turbine develops, manufactures, markets and services microturbine energy products and solutions. The company has shipped more than 5,000 Capstone microturbine systems until date.
Revenue for the quarter ending March 31 increased 33% year over year to $81.9 million. Capstone shipped 611 units, and average revenue per unit was $109,000 during fiscal 2011 vs. 499 units in fiscal 2010 at average revenue per unit of $98,000.
Capstone's backlog was $106.4 million, up 23% from the previous year.Improved product margins and higher unit sales reduced the gross loss to $0.5 million from a gross loss of $8.4 million during fiscal 2010. Cash and cash equivalents at the end of the March quarter increased $4.7 million to $34.7 million from the third quarter of fiscal 2011. The average price target of analysts surveyed by Bloomberg implies the stock will gain 59% over the coming year. Eighty-three percent of analysts covering the stock rate it a buy, according to Bloomberg. >>To see these stocks in action, visit the 5 Equipment Stocks to Buy portfolio on Stockpickr.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV