Capstone Turbine develops, manufactures, markets and services microturbine energy products and solutions. The company has shipped more than 5,000 Capstone microturbine systems until date.
Revenue for the quarter ending March 31 increased 33% year over year to $81.9 million. Capstone shipped 611 units, and average revenue per unit was $109,000 during fiscal 2011 vs. 499 units in fiscal 2010 at average revenue per unit of $98,000.
Capstone's backlog was $106.4 million, up 23% from the previous year.Improved product margins and higher unit sales reduced the gross loss to $0.5 million from a gross loss of $8.4 million during fiscal 2010. Cash and cash equivalents at the end of the March quarter increased $4.7 million to $34.7 million from the third quarter of fiscal 2011. The average price target of analysts surveyed by Bloomberg implies the stock will gain 59% over the coming year. Eighty-three percent of analysts covering the stock rate it a buy, according to Bloomberg. >>To see these stocks in action, visit the 5 Equipment Stocks to Buy portfolio on Stockpickr.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV