Arrow Electronics distributes products, services and solutions to industrial and commercial users of electronic components and enterprise computing solutions. Arrow is a channel partner for more than 1,200 suppliers and 115,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers worldwide.
Revenue rose to $5.22 billion during the 2011 first quarter from $4.24 billion in the same period the year before. During the quarter, component sales grew 24% year over year, while enterprise-computing solutions increased 21%.
Net profit improved to $136.3 million from $87 million in the first quarter of 2010. Commenting on the improving profitability, Paul J. Reilly, Arrow CFO, said, "Our returns this quarter demonstrate our unwavering commitment to creating shareholder value. Return on working capital and return on invested capital advanced 240 basis points and 190 basis points, respectively, to nearly 32% and to 14%."The average of analysts' price targets implies that the stock could rise 43% over the next year. Eight-five percent of analysts covering the stock rate it a buy. The stock has a price-to-earnings ratio of 7, based on estimated 2011 earnings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV