Anixter International distributes electrical and electronic wire & cable, fasteners, and communication products for a host of industries.
For the first quarter of 2011, sales increased 19% from the year-earlier period to $1.52 billion. The acquisition of Clark Security Products and higher copper prices boosted top-line growth during the quarter.
Operational cash flow was $5.5 million, vs. $74.7 million in the year-ago quarter. Higher working capital requirements during the quarter reduced cash flows, but contributed to robust sales growth in this period.Prudent gross margin management and improved sales mix lifted operating performance. Operating profit increased 46% year over year to $83.1 million. Lower tax rates related to international operations boosted net income to $44.3 million. On average, analysts expect the stock to gain 34% over the next year. The stock has a price-to-earnings ratio of 12 (using 2011 earnings estimates). Sixty-four percent of analysts covering the stock rate it a buy.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV