2. IDEXX Laboratories (IDXX) develops, manufactures and distributes products and provides services for the companion animal veterinary, livestock and poultry, water testing and dairy markets. Broadly, the company operates in two business segments: Companion Animal Group, and Livestock and Poultry Diagnostics. Besides, IDEXX sells products for the dairy and human point-of-care medical diagnostics market. The company will release its second quarter 2011 results on July 22.
Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect IDEXX to record second-quarter net income of $42.54 million or 72 cents per share, versus $37.19 million or 62 cents per share in the same quarter prior year. Sales are expected to rise by 10% to $309.33 million from $281.48 million earlier. Operating profit is seen increasing by 14% to $62.67 million, while EBITDA is pegged 11% higher at $73.75 million.
Recently, the company announced plans to build a $60 million corporate headquarters through restricting activities at a nearby quarry, allowing the company to accommodate almost 700 new workers. Initially, the project would start with the construction of a $30 million, 107,000-square-foot building that will include offices for 300 persons, a fitness center and a food service area.Of the 12 analysts covering the stock, 33% recommend a buy and 58% suggest a hold. Analysts polled by Bloomberg foresee the stock gaining an average 2.4% to $81.50 in the upcoming 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV