4. Molina Healthcare (MOH) engages in providing Medicaid-related solutions to meet the healthcare needs of low-income families and individuals, and assists state agencies in the administration of the Medicaid program. The company focuses on government-sponsored healthcare programs, including Health Plans, Molina Medicaid Solutions, and the smaller direct delivery line of business. The company will release its second quarter 2011 results on July 21 after market hours.
Analysts' consensus estimates foresee Molina's second quarter 2011 net income increasing to $16.99 million, or 37 cents per share, from $10.58 million, or 27 cents per share, in the year-ago quarter. Sales are seen surging by 18% from the comparable quarter prior year to $1.15 billion from $976.68 million. Return on assets for the quarter is pegged at 4.30% compared to 1.97% in the year-ago quarter. Operating profit is estimated to go up by 44%.
In April, the company's board of directors authorized a 3-for-2 stock split of the company common stock, to be effected in the form of a stock dividend of one share of the company's common stock for every two shares outstanding. Trading of the company's shares on a split-adjusted basis began on May 23, 2011.Of the 14 analysts covering the stock, 21% recommend a buy and 71% suggest a hold. Analysts polled by Bloomberg foresee the stock gaining an average 6.0% to $28.07 in the upcoming 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV