5. Cepheid (CPHD) a molecular diagnostics company, engages in developing, manufacturing and marketing fully-integrated systems for testing in the clinical market, as well as for application in legacy industrial, biothreat and partner markets. Cepheid will report its second quarter 2011 results on July 21 after market.
Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect Cepheid to record sales of $60.94 million for the second quarter of 2011 compared to $49.64 million in same quarter prior year. Net loss for the quarter is seen narrowing to $0.26 million, or 2-cents per share, from $1.80 million, or 3 cents per share, in the second quarter of 2010. Gross margin for the quarter is likely to expand to 55.53% from 49.21% in year ago period. EBITDA for the second quarter is seen rising by 34% to $2.1 million.
Of the 19 analysts covering the stock, 47% suggest a buy and the remaining rate a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. Analysts polled by Bloomberg foresee the stock gaining an average 3.3% to $31.70 in the upcoming 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV