5. Cepheid (CPHD) a molecular diagnostics company, engages in developing, manufacturing and marketing fully-integrated systems for testing in the clinical market, as well as for application in legacy industrial, biothreat and partner markets. Cepheid will report its second quarter 2011 results on July 21 after market.
Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect Cepheid to record sales of $60.94 million for the second quarter of 2011 compared to $49.64 million in same quarter prior year. Net loss for the quarter is seen narrowing to $0.26 million, or 2-cents per share, from $1.80 million, or 3 cents per share, in the second quarter of 2010. Gross margin for the quarter is likely to expand to 55.53% from 49.21% in year ago period. EBITDA for the second quarter is seen rising by 34% to $2.1 million.
Of the 19 analysts covering the stock, 47% suggest a buy and the remaining rate a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. Analysts polled by Bloomberg foresee the stock gaining an average 3.3% to $31.70 in the upcoming 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV