PURCHASE, N.Y. (TheStreet) -- PepsiCo (PEP) matched profit expectations for the second quarter as net income and revenue grew by double-digits thanks to strength in its snacks division and in emerging markets. But the company will raise prices again as costs and weaker consumer spending pressure results.
Pepsi booked a second-quarter net profit of $1.89 billion, or $1.17 a share. On an adjusted basis, earnings came in at $1.21 a share, matching Wall Street's expectations. In the year-earlier period, Pepsi earned $1.6 billion, or $1.09 a share on an adjusted basis.
Net revenue increased 13.7% to $16.83 billion, topping expectations for a top line of $16.41 billion. Revenue a year ago was $14.8 billion.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV