Hagens Berman, a consumer-rights class-action law firm, today announced that it is investigating privacy concerns at California gas stations owned or operated by Chevron Corp (NYSE:CVX), Conoco Philips (NYSE:COP), Exxon Mobil (NYSE:XOM), Shell Oil (NYSE:RDS-A), Tesoro Refining and Marketing Company (NYSE:TSO), and Thrifty Oil Company after reports that the stations recorded zip codes with credit card information, a possible violation of California law.
The firm began its investigation after hearing from consumers that gas stations in California require personal zip codes to be typed into an electronic terminal when making a purchase with a credit card. The Song-Beverly Credit Card Act of 1971, a California state law, makes it unlawful in a variety of circumstances to record personal information from a customer paying with a credit card.
The firm wants to speak with consumers who bought gas at a station in California and provided their zip code as part of their credit card transactions.
Consumers can contact the Hagens Berman legal team via email at Gasstations@hbsslaw.com. They can also contact the firm by calling (206) 623-7292. Additional information is available at www.hbsslaw.com/gasstations.About Hagens Berman Seattle-based Hagens Berman Sobol Shapiro LLP is one of the top class-action law firms in the nation, with offices in Boston, Chicago, Colorado Springs, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, New York, Phoenix, San Francisco and Washington, D.C. Founded in 1993, we represent plaintiffs in class actions and multi-state, large-scale litigation that seek to protect the rights of investors, consumers, workers and whistleblowers. More information about the firm is available at www.hbsslaw.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV