- Horizon’s second quarter 2011 net income was $3.1 million or $.83 diluted earnings per share, a 23.0% increase in net income from the same period in 2010 and the highest second quarter net income in the Company’s history.
- Horizon’s net income for the first half of 2011 was $5.9 million or $1.57 diluted earnings per share, a 36.0% increase in net income from the same period in 2010 and the highest first half net income in the Company’s history.
- Total deposits surpassed $1.0 billion at June 30, 2011 and increased $34.8 million from December 31, 2010.
- Borrowings decreased by $30.6 million since December 31, 2010.
- Net interest income, after provisions for loan losses, during the six months of 2011 was $19.7 million compared with $15.7 million for the same period in the prior year.
- Horizon’s non-performing loans decreased by 6.7% in the second quarter of 2011 compared to the first quarter of 2011.
- The provision for loan losses decreased to $2.9 million for the first six months of 2011 compared to $6.2 million for the same period in 2010.
- The Company’s mortgage servicing asset recovered $728,000 of impairment during the first six months of 2011 as mortgage loan refinancing activity slowed.
- Horizon’s tangible book value per share rose to $28.76 compared with $25.39 at the close of the second quarter of 2010.
- Horizon’s capital ratios, including Tier 1 Capital to total risk weighted assets of 13.61%, continue to be well above the regulatory standards for well-capitalized banks.
Horizon Bancorp Reports Record Year-to-Date Earnings
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.