PASADENA, Calif. (AP) â¿¿ Tetra Tech Inc., an engineering and construction consultant for water and energy projects, said Wednesday that it reached a deal to acquire Australia's Proteus EPCM Engineers for an undisclosed sum.
The Perth, Australia-based mining engineering company has about 150 employees and posts annual revenue of about $30 million. The deal is expected to close early next month, Tetra Tech said.
Company officials said the acquisition will serve as a gateway for Pasadena, Calif.-based Tetra Tech to new markets across Asia and Africa.
Proteus has provided engineering services to mining and minerals processing companies for more than 25 years. Tetra Tech said it expects the addition to expand its technical capability and expertise in iron ore and bulk handling.In afternoon trading, Tetra Tech shares rose 6 cents to $22.26.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV