Intel earnings story updated with conference call comments from Intel CEO Paul Otellini.
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (TheStreet) -- Intel (INTC) crashed through Wall Street's estimates with its second-quarter results, released after market close Wednesday, although the chip giant also cut its forecast for PC growth.
- Intel reported adjusted earnings of 59 cents a share on sales of $13.1 billion for the second quarter.
- The chip maker earned 51 cents a share, excluding items, and brought in revenue of $10.8 billion in the same period last year.
- Analysts expected earnings per share of 51 cents on sales of $12.8 billion.
- Intel closed trading Wednesday down 7 cents, or 0.3%, at $22.99
The tech giant's numbers were boosted by double-digit growth across all of its business segments, according to a statement released after market close. Intel's data center business experienced 15% year-over-year revenue growth, while sales within its PC client group were up 11% over the same period.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV