3. Mattson Technology (MTSN) engages in the design, manufacture and marketing of semiconductor wafer processing equipment for the fabrication of integrated circuits (ICs or chips). It supplies dry strip and rapid thermal processing (RTP) equipment to the global semiconductor industry with major customers being foundries, memory and logic device manufacturers. The company will release its second quarter results on Thursday.
Analysts' consensus estimates Mattson's second-quarter 2011 net loss narrowing to $5.19 million, or 11 cents per share, compared to a net loss of $8.29 million, or 17 cents per share, in the year-ago quarter. Sales are expected to rise to $45.82 million from $32.12 million in the earlier quarter. Operating loss is expected to decline to $4.81 million from $9.69 million earlier.
At the recent SEMICON West 2011, Mattson launched paradigmE(R) Si targeting semi-critical silicon etch applications and is designed to deliver high productivity and lowest cost-of-ownership. This latest silicon etch system enables customers to meet stringent processing requirements for device manufacturing at leading-edge technology nodes.Of the seven analysts covering the stock, 29% recommend a buy and the rest suggest a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. Analysts polled by Bloomberg see the stock gaining an average 56.9% to $3.20 in the upcoming 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV