Fortegra Financial Corporation (the “Company”) (NYSE: FRF) today announced that according to A.M. Best’s annual ranking of credit life/health writers, its Life of the South brand has risen from the fourth-largest issuer to the second-largest issuer in the United States, as ranked by 2010 credit life business issued. For 2010, Life of the South had $5.9 billion in covered credit life/health exposures, a 0.2% increase from the prior year and a positive comparison to the overall U.S. life/health industry, which declined 1.7% during the same period.
“Our Life of the South brand rising to #2 in the credit life/health writer rankings is a testament to the hard work and dedication of our entire team,” said Richard S. Kahlbaugh, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Fortegra Financial. “The fact that we were able to show growth during 2010, while at the same time the overall credit life/health industry was down nearly 2%, is further evidence that our overall strategy at Life of the South remains operative.”
Fortegra Financial Corporation is an insurance services company that provides distribution and administration services and insurance-related products to insurance companies, insurance brokers and agents and other financial services companies in the United States. It sells services and products directly to businesses rather than directly to consumers. Fortegra's brands include Life of the South, Consecta, Bliss & Glennon and eReinsure.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV