Nexxus Lighting Awarded Two New Patents And The Registered Trademark For ArrayÂ®
CHARLOTTE, N.C., July 20, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Nexxus Lighting, Inc. (NASDAQ: NEXS) today announced that it has been awarded two new U.S. utility patents:
- U.S. Patent Number 7,974,099 - APPARATUS AND METHODS FOR THERMAL MANAGEMENT OF LIGHT EMITTING DIODES and
- U.S. Patent Number 7,960,921 – CURRENT REGULATOR APPARATUS AND DEVICES.
In addition, the Company is pleased to announce the registration of its Array® trademark with the United States Patent and Trademark Office. This trademark represents the ongoing process to build the Array brand in the mind of both commercial and consumer lighting customers as the premium quality choice for LED light bulbs. The Array brand can now be found on the shelves of over 1100 Lowe's stores across the United States.
"The '-099' patent represents the Company's Selective Heat Sink (SHS™) process around which we designed the Array product offering," stated Mike Bauer, President and CEO of Nexxus Lighting. "This technology differentiates Array LED replacement lamps from other LED light bulbs in the market and enables our lamps to achieve their exceptional performance over other conventional heat sinking methods."
"The '-921' patent covers the electrical current regulation for Nexxus' Array LED lamps," added Mr. Bauer. "This critical technology allows the LED light source to sense ambient thermal changes and adjust current levels and light output to maintain proper thermal performance of the product."With the issuance of these new patents, Nexxus Lighting now holds 37 issued U.S. and foreign patents and 30 patent applications pending related to its Array Lighting and Lumificient product offering. The Company is committed to leading edge design and introducing LED products that set the standard in the industry in terms of performance and reliability.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV