HARTFORD, Connecticut (TheStreet) -- United Technologies (UTX), the industrial giant, said Wednesday it was raising its full-year forecast as second-quarter earnings rose because of organic sales growth at all six of its business segments.
Earnings rose to $1.32 billion, or $1.45 a share, up from $1.1 billion, or $1.20 a share, a year earlier.
Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters expected United Technologies to earn $1.41 a share in the quarter on revenue of $14.7 billion.United Technologies, in a press release Wednesday, said it was raising its full-year earnings outlook to $5.35 to $5.45 a share, up from $5.25 to $5.40 a share previously, "based on the exceptional first half performance at Carrier, strong order rates, and the weaker than planned U.S. dollar." The company said it expects 2011 EPS growth of 13% to 15% on sales of $58 billion, up from its previous expectation of $57 billion. -- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV