HARTFORD, Connecticut (TheStreet) -- United Technologies (UTX), the industrial giant, said Wednesday it was raising its full-year forecast as second-quarter earnings rose because of organic sales growth at all six of its business segments.
Earnings rose to $1.32 billion, or $1.45 a share, up from $1.1 billion, or $1.20 a share, a year earlier.
Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters expected United Technologies to earn $1.41 a share in the quarter on revenue of $14.7 billion.United Technologies, in a press release Wednesday, said it was raising its full-year earnings outlook to $5.35 to $5.45 a share, up from $5.25 to $5.40 a share previously, "based on the exceptional first half performance at Carrier, strong order rates, and the weaker than planned U.S. dollar." The company said it expects 2011 EPS growth of 13% to 15% on sales of $58 billion, up from its previous expectation of $57 billion. -- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV