AptarGroup, Inc. (NYSE:ATR) today reported record quarterly results. The Board of Directors also increased the quarterly dividend and authorized the repurchase of an additional 4 million shares of common stock. Also, President and CEO, Peter Pfeiffer, announced his plans to retire at the end of the year.
Second Quarter 2011 Summary
- Reported diluted earnings per share increased 10% to all-time high $.74
- Reported sales rose 18% to record $615 million
- Sales before currency effects grew 8%
- Facility acquired in North Carolina to support Food + Beverage segment growth
- Board raised dividend 22% and authorized additional shares for repurchase
SECOND QUARTER RESULTS
Reported sales increased 18% to a record $614.9 million from $522.9 million a year ago. Changes in foreign currency exchange rates contributed 10%.
| Second Quarter Segment Sales Analysis
(Growth Over Prior Year)
|Product Sales (including tooling)||8%||5%||14%||8%|
|Total Reported Growth||17%||18%||20%||18%|