- Successor Language: Once ratified, the contract will include best-in-class language that guarantees the new owner/affiliate recognizes and honors the nurses' contract and all of the provisions it includes. As a result, the nurses at NHC can be assured that their contract, rights and benefits will remain 100 percent in effect throughout the Lahey affiliation process, as well as after the affiliation is complete.
- Expanded protections specific to layoffs: Once ratified, the contract will include greatly improved "reduction in force" language that details when/how nurses can move into other positions, thereby guaranteeing the unit's most senior RNs a level of choice and protection that is standard in the labor sector. Nurses will also be guaranteed six weeks of severance pay.
- Pensions: RNs age 62 years and older can continue with their existing pension plans without any changes, and nurses younger than 62 can choose between two plans.
Unionized RNs From Northeast Reach Tentative Agreement As Management Announces Affiliation With Lahey
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.