Before Marketing Business, Have a Story to Tell
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Before a small-business owner can effectively market their company, they must be able to differentiate themselves from the competition -- especially if they are selling common, commoditized items or services.
"The best marketing really needs to start by understanding not the thing you make or the service you provide, but how your product fits with clients and customers," says Art Saxby, founder of Chief Outsiders. The company places chief marketing officers into growth and midsize companies that can't afford to hire a full-time marketing executive. They typically stay for six to 12 months to help implement a strategy.
"How can you differentiate your company, your service, versus other people that make similar things? That may be in how you deliver it or maybe how you do your billing, or maybe you're the easiest company to deal with or you have the fastest turnaround," Saxby says. "Positioning a company is done more by understanding how you deliver your product or service to your customer differently than everyone else."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV