5. Eni SpA (E) is an Italy-based energy major with activities ranging from oil and gas exploration and production, gas marketing, management of gas infrastructure, power generation, petrochemicals and oil field services.
Adjusted operating profit was up 18.4% during the first quarter of 2011, due to better operating performance reported by the exploration and production segment. Adjusted net income for the period was up 22% over the first quarter of 2010 as a result of lower tax rate and better operating performance.
Operating cash flows stood at $5.9 billion at the end of the first quarter and were used to fund capital expenditure of $4.05 billion and to pay down net borrowings, which were down by $1.65 billion from December quarter to $35.2 billion.The stock is trading at seven times its estimated 2011 earnings with an estimated 38% upside over the next one year. The stock has 60% analyst buy ratings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV