NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- First Solar (FSLR), BP (BP), Sinopec (SNP), Petroleo Brasileiro (PBR/A), Total (TOT), Eni SpA (E), InterOil (IOC), TransAtlantic Petroleum (TAT), Transocean (RIG) and STR Holdings (STRI) are energy stocks that could deliver up to 168% according to Bloomberg consensus estimates.
Slowing U.S. expansion, Japanese earthquake and monetary tightening in emerging economies like China and India have been able to put brakes on the commodity prices in the recent past. However, analysts are bullish on crude oil prices from here-on and have raised price forecast for the remainder of the current year. Goldman expects Brent crude to breakout out above $130 a barrel, while Morgan Stanley has raised its 2011 Brent target to $120 a barrel. At close Monday (July 18, 2011), Brent crude settled at $116.1 per barrel.
Below are 10 energy stocks that have 22%-168% upside potential, based on analysts' average 12-month price targets. These stocks are expected to deliver an average 50% return over the next one year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV