Brookfield Asset Management
Property and infrastructure asset manager Brookfield Asset Management (BAM) is another name that's showing a bullish setup on a longer-term time horizon right now. Shares of Brookfield have been forming a bullish ascending triangle setup since the start of 2011; now, traders should be looking out for this stock's "buy" signal.
Simply put, an ascending triangle is a setup that's spotted with a horizontal resistance level on the upside with uptrending support below. As those two technically relevant levels get closer together, buyers are absorbing supply of shares at resistance -- once that oversupply gets absorbed, the potential for a breakout occurs.
In the case of Brookfield, a breakout above $34 is the buying signal that you should be watching for. When it happens, consider a protective stop just below the 200-day moving average.Brookfield Asset Management shows up in the portfolio of Bruce Berkowitz's Fairholme Capital Management and is one of the top holdings of Murray Stahl's Horizon Asset Management.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV