Brookfield Asset Management
Property and infrastructure asset manager Brookfield Asset Management (BAM) is another name that's showing a bullish setup on a longer-term time horizon right now. Shares of Brookfield have been forming a bullish ascending triangle setup since the start of 2011; now, traders should be looking out for this stock's "buy" signal.
Simply put, an ascending triangle is a setup that's spotted with a horizontal resistance level on the upside with uptrending support below. As those two technically relevant levels get closer together, buyers are absorbing supply of shares at resistance -- once that oversupply gets absorbed, the potential for a breakout occurs.
In the case of Brookfield, a breakout above $34 is the buying signal that you should be watching for. When it happens, consider a protective stop just below the 200-day moving average.Brookfield Asset Management shows up in the portfolio of Bruce Berkowitz's Fairholme Capital Management and is one of the top holdings of Murray Stahl's Horizon Asset Management.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV