BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- Stocks have been selling off for the last week, dropping close to 4% since July 8. While today's early market action stands to give traders a reprieve from that selling, it's likely to be a short one. While stocks continue to sell off, let's take a look at the other side of the market, choosing instead to look at promising technical setups.
It's important to note that while the decline in the market has been constant for the last week, it's more thanks to a lack of buyers than an abundance of bears. That's a crucial distinction because it indicates that the potential for a snapback rally (like the one that kicked off July) exists -- particularly as strong earnings continue to trickle in.
From a technical analysis standpoint, there's reason to be bullish on specific sectors and stocks right now.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV