- GSK supports the America's Promise Alliance's Dropout Prevention Initiative, including Grad Nation. Dropout Prevention Summits are being held across the US to help identify strategies for improved high school graduation outcomes.
- GSK is partnering with the North Carolina New Schools Project to provide innovative instructional methodologies such as the use of inquiry-, project-, and problem-based learning to ten existing STEM schools. Overall, the 107 secondary schools in the New Schools Project have half the dropout rate of conventional schools in NC. Forty-six of those schools have a zero drop-out rate.
- GSK's Science Ambassadors place scientists in the classroom to encourage students to pursue careers in science, and to broaden children's understanding of science through hands-on experiment kits and a mobile learning lab. A number of our scientists also serve as judges and mentors in science fairs.
- The company encourages all employees to volunteer with schools and nonprofit organizations. GSK awards $500 to any qualifying organization or school where an employee or their spouse/domestic partner volunteers for at least 50 hours per year.
- Science in the Summer is GSK's free science education program, now in its 25th year, which sparks an interest in science for approximately 5,000 elementary school children each year in North Carolina and Pennsylvania. Through hands-on science experiments and demonstrations, the library-based classes help prevent summer slide, demonstrate how science is related to everyday life, and encourage careers in the sciences.
- GSK sponsors the Opportunity Scholarship program, which has endowments of $1 million in North Carolina and Philadelphia. Scholarships are awarded to individuals who have overcome serious adversity and are changing their lives through education.
GlaxoSmithKline Pledges $10 Million At White House Meeting On US Education Reform
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.