2. BRF Brasil Foods (BRFS) focuses on the production and sale of poultry, pork, beef cuts, milk, dairy products and processed foods under several brands. Some of the company's processed products include marinated, frozen, whole and cut Chester rooster and turkey meats, specialty meats and others. The stock gained 14.9% last week.
Of the 10 analysts covering the stock, 10% recommend a buy and 90% suggest hold. Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain an average $19.12 from the current $19.00 over the upcoming 12 months.
The company's stock boosted last week after analysts raised the stock's rating subsequent to Brazilian regulators approving its $3.8 billion Sadia SA acquisition. The Brazilian authority has ordered the company to sell some of its assets.Additionally, as per the agreement, Brasil Foods has to sell 10 food-processing plants, 12 other brands, eight distribution centers and four pork and chicken slaughter houses. In a regulatory filing, the company disclosed that the suspension and divestitures would affect operating revenue by 13% and sales volumes by 12%.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts