2. BRF Brasil Foods (BRFS) focuses on the production and sale of poultry, pork, beef cuts, milk, dairy products and processed foods under several brands. Some of the company's processed products include marinated, frozen, whole and cut Chester rooster and turkey meats, specialty meats and others. The stock gained 14.9% last week.
Of the 10 analysts covering the stock, 10% recommend a buy and 90% suggest hold. Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain an average $19.12 from the current $19.00 over the upcoming 12 months.
The company's stock boosted last week after analysts raised the stock's rating subsequent to Brazilian regulators approving its $3.8 billion Sadia SA acquisition. The Brazilian authority has ordered the company to sell some of its assets.Additionally, as per the agreement, Brasil Foods has to sell 10 food-processing plants, 12 other brands, eight distribution centers and four pork and chicken slaughter houses. In a regulatory filing, the company disclosed that the suspension and divestitures would affect operating revenue by 13% and sales volumes by 12%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV