3. China Southern Airlines (ZNH) a provider of airline services, operates its businesses through the transport of passengers, freight and mail. It supports domestic airline companies in Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan, as well as international airlines. The stock leaped 13.1% last week.
Both the analysts covering the stock rate it a hold. A Bloomberg consensus expects the stock to gain an average 32.1% to $41.7 in the upcoming 12 months.
Last week, a company official said that ZNH would operate its new Airbus A380s on the Beijing-Guangzhou and Beijing-Shanghai Hongqiao routes with daily services, driven by higher domestic demand on both routes. Meanwhile, the airline's first international A380 service would fly on the Guangzhou-Paris route with the likelihood of operating the aircraft on services to the U.S. The airline is seeking to increase the frequency on all three A380 services by end-2011.Last week, China announced that it would invest over $232 billion in the aviation industry in the upcoming five years, thereby fostering consolidation among airline companies to hone their international competitiveness. Also, an industry regulator said that China would add more than 45 airports over the next five years, bringing the total to more than 220.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV