4. Companhia Energetica Minas Gerais (CEMIG) (CIG), a Brazil-based electric utility company, engages in the generation, transmission and distribution of electricity, natural gas distribution, telecommunications and implementation and management of systems for electric utilities. The stock accumulated 1.7% at close last week.
Of the five analysts covering the stock, 80% recommend a buy and the rest rate a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. A Bloomberg poll expects the stock to gain an average 33.5% to $27.39 in the upcoming 12 months.
The stock has gained on its acquisition spree. The company recently acquired an additional 13.03% interest in Light for $331.8 million, increasing its stake in the latter to 52%. Cemig has indirectly acquired an additional 26.58 million shares of Light's stock by buying investment holding company Luce from Enlighted Partners Venture Capital, as per a regulatory filing.In the long term, the company targets to achieve 20% market share in the various segments of the electricity market. Investments in fiscal 2011 and 2012 are expected at approximately $1.45 billion and $690 million, respectively.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts