Hasbro saw net revenue decline in all of its product categories except for boys, where sales nearly doubled to $460.4 million. Hasbro's Games and Puzzles category decreased 12% to $231.3 million; the Girls category declined 11% to $119.1 million; and the Preschool category was down 10% to $97.6 million, the company said Monday morning. The success of Hasbro's entertainment-backed toy line echoed word from rival Mattel, which said Friday it raced past Wall Street's profit expectations for its latest quarter thanks to the popularity of Lightening McQueen and Cars 2 related toys.
Hasbro's Beyblade line of high-performance spinning top toys have been around through several incarnations for over a decade, gaining in popularity throughout the early 2000s. Hasbro shares were 1.4% lower in premarket trading Monday, while Mattel gained 0.6% ahead of the opening bell. -- Written by Miriam Marcus Reimer in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Miriam Reimer. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/miriamsmarket. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
>>See our new stock quote page.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV