ETF Securities announced today that executives from the firm will Ring the Opening Bell of the New York Stock Exchange on July 18, 2011 in celebration of the launch of ETFS Asian Gold Trust (AGOL) and ETFS White Metals Basket Trust (WITE). The Charge D’Affaires to the Permanent Mission of Singapore to the UN, Li Peng Kok, will be also present to help ring the bell. ETFS Asian Gold Trust (AGOL), stores its gold in Singapore.
Key highlights of ETFS Asian Gold Trust (AGOL):
- Allocated Gold Stored in Singapore: ETFS Physical Asian Gold Shares (AGOL) custodies all of its physical gold bars in secure London Bullion Market Association (LBMA) approved vaults in Singapore.
- Gold Physically Backed: ETFS Physical Asian Gold Shares (AGOL) are backed by LBMA gold bars that meet “good delivery” (1) standards.
- Diversification: Investors can diversify their gold holdings either into Asia using AGOL or Switzerland using the existing ETFS Physical Gold Shares (SGOL). Both exchange-traded products (ETPs) are offered at 0.39% per annum. (2)
- Transparency– Gold bars underlying AGOL are audited bi-annually by an independent third-party auditor. All gold bar numbers are published daily at www.etfsecurities.com.
- Breadth of Precious Metal ETPs – ETF Securities now offers seven precious metal ETPs with a variety of single and basket precious metal ETPs. (3)
Commenting on the bell ringing on NYSE ARCA, William Rhind, Managing Director – ETF Securities (US) LLC, said:
“We are delighted to be back at the NYSE, ringing the opening bell for ETFS Asian Gold Trust and ETFS White Metals Basket Trust. We are also especially happy to welcome the Permanent Mission of Singapore to the UN to our bell ringing event. AGOL offers investors an alternative way to invest in gold by allowing them to diversify their physical gold holdings into Singapore . The launch of AGOL further broadens ETF Securities product lineup and demonstrates our commitment to developing innovative precious metal ETPs.”Commenting on the event, Ms Li Peng Kok, Charge D’Affaires to the Permanent Mission of Singapore to the UN, said: “We are very pleased that ETF Securities has chosen to vault their gold in Singapore. It is a strong endorsement of Singapore as a global financial hub and center of commerce in Asia”.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV