Fairchild Semiconductor International Inc. Stock Upgraded (FCS)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Fairchild Semiconductor International (NYSE:FCS) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, attractive valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $93.10 million or 6.27% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -19.40%.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, FCS's share price has jumped by 69.28%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, FCS should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- Although FCS's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.23 is very low, it is currently higher than that of the industry average. To add to this, FCS has a quick ratio of 2.06, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- FCS's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 0.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.8%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displaying stagnant earnings per share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV