Valence Technology Announces Preliminary Fiscal First Quarter 2012 Results
Valence Technology, Inc. (NASDAQ: VLNC), a leading U.S. based global manufacturer of advanced energy storage solutions, today announced that it expects revenue of approximately $13.5 to $14.0 million for its fiscal 2012 first quarter ended June 30, 2011.
"Our first quarter revenue is projected to be above our May 25, 2011 guidance of $8.5 to $10.5 million, principally due to significant shipments to Smith Electric Vehicles. In addition, we continue to see a positive trend in orders from both existing and new customers. This includes dozens of customers in diverse markets worldwide,” commented president and chief executive officer Robert L. Kanode.
“We believe our products’ performance, safety, durability, cycle life, and energy density offer a compelling solution. With five years of on-the-road experience and a family of standard and custom products, Valence is well positioned in pursuing a broad base of emerging worldwide markets. In addition, due to our experience and vertical integration Valence can quickly scale as markets mature and grow,” continued Kanode.Key Highlights
- In excess of 150 megawatt-hours of advanced energy storage solutions have been shipped since 2005.
- 54 unique customers during fiscal Q1 2012 including corporations in the United States, United Kingdom, France, Canada, Italy, the Netherlands, and Spain.
- Applications served include: metropolitan transit buses, sailboats, off-grid power trailers, postal scooters, commercial delivery vehicles, and Segway ® personal transporters.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV