LOS ANGELES and BOCA RATON, Fla., July 17, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- In a history-making week for online sales, MovieTickets.com ( www.movietickets.com), the leading global provider of advance movie ticketing, reports that Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 has shattered multiple online advance ticketing records. In addition to overall records, the final installment of the franchise sold at least twice the amount of tickets than any other movie in 2011. The film also became the highest presale of all time eclipsing all other movie releases in the company's 11-year history.
Joel Cohen, CEO of MovieTickets.com, stated, "Through the past decade, the popularity and accessibility of MovieTickets.com's online ticketing has grown with the fervor and demand for Harry Potter. Not only does the film franchise represent 40% of our top ten list, but the records set the past week demonstrate the health of the overall industry, and moviegoers continued enthusiasm for great characters, story and collective theater experiences."
The film showed early and ramped up momentum with ticket sales for Thursday 7/14/2011 smashing the prior single day record previously held by Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince on 7/14/2009. This new record beats single day ticket sales by 9.5%.As the sales exponentially increased, Harry Potter and The Deathly Hollows - Part 2 eventually broke ticket sales records on Friday, July 15, 2011 becoming the new #1 online ticket pre-seller of all time. See below for the new list of MovieTickets.com Top 10 all-time online pre-sellers:
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2
- The Twilight Saga: New Moon
- Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1
- The Twilight Saga: Eclipse
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- The Dark Knight
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV