HOUSTON, July 15, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Steve Mueller, President and Chief Executive Officer of Southwestern Energy Company (NYSE: SWN) issued a statement today congratulating Texas Governor Rick Perry's decision to sign a hydraulic fracturing disclosure bill into law and expressing appreciation to Representative Jim Keffer and Senator Jane Nelson for their efforts to get this landmark legislation passed.
"Southwestern Energy Company strongly supports Governor Perry's decision to require the public disclosure of all the chemicals contained in hydraulic fracturing fluids. Developing America's shale gas resources is important for meeting our country's growing energy needs, but so is transparency in how we access these resources. It is essential that we do everything reasonably possible to ensure public trust and acceptance of hydraulic fracturing operations. Without the tireless leadership of Representative Keffer and the strong support of Senator Nelson, this historic legislation would not have become law," stated Mueller.
Southwestern Energy Company is an integrated company whose wholly-owned subsidiaries are engaged in oil and gas exploration and production, natural gas gathering and marketing. Additional information on the company can be found on the Internet at http://www.swn.com.
SOURCE Southwestern Energy Company
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV