Top ImageOne of the problems owning penny stocks is trading volume is thin and liquidity makes it tough to sell shares for a profit. In the case of Top Image Systems (TISA), we have a stock that sees an average of 300,000 shares trading hands each day. Clearly this stock will be followed by a fairly large group of investors.
Top Image system is in the business of making software with respect to data capture and manipulation. This Israeli-based company was founded in 1991. Shares of the company blasted higher in early May after the company reported positive results for its first quarter of 2011.
In the period, the company saw a 36% increase in revenue and posted a profit of seven cents per share as opposed to a loss in the year prior. That was enough to move the stock from $1.34 per share to $2.20 per share. Those are the types of moves you can expect from a penny stock when it delivers solid operating performance. I expect a repeat performance in future quarters.For three more software penny stocks to buy, read this full article on InvestorPlace.com. Related Articles: Can a GOP President Fix the Economy? 3 Stocks to Buy for a High Unemployment Market 9 Super Cheap Stocks to Buy Now
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV