The following commentary comes from an independent investor or market observer as part of TheStreet's guest contributor program, which is separate from the company's news coverage.
NEW YORK ( InvestorPlace) -- There is no better place to find explosive growth than with low-priced penny stocks. I'm not talking about pink sheet stocks that are potentially nonexistent, or fraudulent names set to crash. I'm talking about real companies with real earnings -- companies listed for more than one year on a major exchange like the AMEX, NYSE or Nasdaq, and that have a market cap in the ballpark of $100 million.
The returns can be even more powerful when you combine the power of technology stocks and penny stocks. Specifically, the software space is seeing lots of action, thanks to the mass acceptance of smartphones and personal computing devices.
These devices are quite powerful, but they still need programs to make them run. The best software companies are those that make users more productive. In this tough economy, those companies that help workers do more with less are poised to be the penny stocks that really move higher.Also see:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV