Earlier in the week, Netflix revised its pricing strategy, separating its DVD-by-mail and streaming services into two packages. Users will now have to pay $16 per month for these services, compared with to the current price of $9.99.
There was an outcry from Netflix subscribers following the announcement, with 54.1% of the more than 5,000 voters in TheStreet's poll saying they will cancel their membership altogether.
A handful of readers commented that they are not even waiting until September (when the rate hike goes into effect for current subscribers) to cancel their membership." Yeah I just cancelled my account, there are
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV