Appliances can also be categorized as emotional purchases -- meaning it's likely the consumer will want to see the product before buying.
People want to go to the store to see if it's going to look good, if it's going to fit in their space and if it's a device they can operate. "It's hard to return a washer and dryer once it gets delivered to your house and you haven't looked at it and you can't figure out the buttons," Grannis says.
Appliances are another product that fell victim to the recession, though."We see increase in appliance sales every couple of months. People who haven't replaced
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV