BOSTON ( TheStreet) -- Please join me at 12 p.m. ET today for the next Biotech Stock Mailbag Live Chat.
I'll answer your questions and respond to your comments in what I hope will be an informative and fun discussion about the current state of the biotech investment sector. A sign-up link to the live chat is below.
Before I get to your questions, I want to update this week's column on noteworthy biotech stock trades in the second half of 2011. Of course, I forgot to include a couple of stocks.First, Pacira Pharmaceuticals (PCRX) is expecting an FDA approval decision on Oct. 28 for Exparel in post-surgical pain management. Exparel is a proprietary, long-acting formulation of the painkiller bupivacaine. FDA extended the Exparel review by three months because Pacira submitted additional information. I met with Pacira executives a couple of weeks ago and walked out confident in Exparel's approval. The three-month delay sounded much more procedural than anything worrisome. Second, I failed to include the expected results from a phase III study of Biodelivery Sciences' (BDSI) BEMA buprenorphine in the third quarter. BEMA buprenorphine is a thin, dissolvable film placed inside the cheek that contains the painkiller buprenorphine. To your questions: Paul K. asks, "What the
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV