The measure faced opposition from a bipartisan group of roughly 30 Democratic and Republican state lawmakers. Small brewers and brewers guilds in states including Pennsylvania and Massachusetts have voiced opposition to similar plans in recent years, with their protests taking on greater urgency after Anheuser-Busch InBev bought the Craft Brewer's Alliance's (HOOK) Goose Island Brewery earlier this year; equity firm North American breweries bought up craft brewers including Vermont-based Magic Hat and Portland, Ore.-based MacTarnahan's; and former Skyy Vodka executives bought 115-year-old San Francisco brewer Anchor Brewing last summer.
-- Written by Jason Notte in Boston.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Jason Notte.
>To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/notteham.
>To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV