Vicon Industries, Inc. (VII: NYSE-AMEX), a designer and producer of IP video security and surveillance systems, today announced that it has settled the patent litigation suit brought by Lectrolarm Custom Systems, Inc. (Lectrolarm). Under the settlement, the Company agreed to a one-time payment of $5 million to Lectrolarm in exchange for the release of all claims against the Company and the dismissal of its suit pending in the U.S. District Court.
Although the Company believes that the suit was without merit and has vigorously defended itself for over eight years it decided to settle the matter. Ken Darby, Vicon’s Chairman and CEO, said “the resolution of the suit allows the Company to move forward with its strategic plans after years of management distraction and financial uncertainty since the suit was brought in 2003”.
Vicon Industries, Inc. designs, engineers, assembles, and markets a wide range of video and access control systems and system components used for security, surveillance, safety, communication and process control purposes by a broad group of end users worldwide.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve
risks and uncertainties.
Statements that are not
historical facts, including statements about the adequacy of reserves,
estimated costs, Company intentions, probabilities, beliefs, prospects
and strategies and its expectations about expansion into new markets,
growth in existing markets, enhanced operating margins or growth in its
business, are forward-looking statements that involve risks and
Actual results and events may differ
significantly from those discussed in the forward-looking statements and
the Company undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV