Google reported adjusted EPS of $8.74 on quarterly sales of $6.92 billion, which excludes about $2 billion in traffic acquisition costs, or TAC. TAC is the amount that Google pays to other sites for their traffic. Analysts were expecting EPS of $7.86 on revenue of $6.55 billion.
Compared to last quarter's conference call, where Page spoke for about two minutes, the newish CEO talked more than usual, readily answering analyst questions and giving updates on ventures like Android, Google's mobile operating system. According to Page, Google has activated about 135 million Android devices, about 550,000 a day.Google shares were soaring in the after-market due to the blowout numbers, up at one point by as much as 12%. Click above to read our live blog of the earnings call. -- Blog written by Scott Moritz and James Rogers in New York. Follow the writers on Twitter at TheStreet_Tech
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV