CHICAGO, July 13, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Teamsters Local 727-represented Alderwoods funeral directors, embalmers and livery drivers voted overwhelmingly to ratify a three-year contract late Tuesday night.
"In the end, we were able to keep good Chicago jobs and secure the livelihoods of these hardworking men and women for three more years," said John Coli Jr., President of Local 727.
The 16 members work at four Alderwoods funeral homes in the Chicago area: Weinstein Funeral Home in Wilmette, Lauterburg-Oehler Funeral Home in Arlington Heights, Oehler Funeral Home in Des Plaines and Mount Auburn Funeral Home in Stickney. The funeral homes are owned by funeral industry giant Service Corporation International (NYSE: SCI) and operate under the Dignity Memorial brand name. The Houston, Texas-based corporation is the largest provider of death-care products and services in North America, operating more than 1,800 funeral facilities.The previous three-year contract expired June 30. Teamsters Local 727 represents more than 6,000 hardworking men and women throughout the Chicago area, including about 450 funeral industry workers. SOURCE Teamsters Local 727
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV