One renewable energy stock where insiders have been active in is FutureFuel (FF), which engages in the manufacture and sale of specialty chemicals and biofuels in the United States and internationally. It operates in two segments: chemicals and biofuels. Insiders are still finding value in this stock after it has run-up of over 85% so far in 2011.
This company has a market cap of $500 million and an enterprise value of $369 million. FutureFuel is a cash-rich company, with over $131.38 million in cash on its balance sheet and zero debt.A director just bought 49,047 shares, or $598,673 worth of stock, at $12.21 per share. From a technical standpoint, this stock is currently trading just below its 50-day moving average of $12.75 a share. This stock recently failed to breakout above $13.75 a share and traded down to a low of $11.81 a share. That $11.80 area has held so far and looks to be a major near-term support level. If you're interested in buying this stock, I would wait until it moves back above the 50-day moving average on strong volume. Look for volume that's well above the three-month average action of 80,600 shares. I would add to any long positions if the stock stakes out $13.75 and then add again on a breakout above $13.99 a share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV