NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Popular searches on the Internet Wednesday include "Netflix" as complaints are made across the Internet from customers unhappy with Netflix's (NFLX) changes to its pricing plan.
Netflix announced it will split its streaming and DVD services, effective immediately, for new users and Sept. 1 for current users, with each service costing $7.99. Both services had been available collectively for as low as $9.99.
Customers took to sites like Facebook and Twitter to complain about the price hike, with many complaining there was no additional value added for the increase in cost.
"Rupert Murdoch" is a hot topic after the News Corp. (NWSA) CEO decided not to pursue a takeover of broadcaster British Sky Broadcasting (BSY). This comes as News Corp.'s now shuttered News of the World tabloid is under investigation for phone hacking and the company's other U.K. newspapers are being scrutinized.
"Ben Bernanke" is trending as the chairman of the Federal Reserve is speaking before the House Financial Services committee Wednesday. Bernanke is speaking on a variety of hot-button issues, including the debate over whether the U.S. should raise the debt ceiling, the risk of European sovereign debt defaults and hiring and job creation.
The chatter on Main Street (a.k.a. Google, Yahoo! and other search sites) is always of interest to investors on Wall Street. Thus, each day, TheStreet compiles the stories that are trending on the Web, and highlights the news that could make stocks move. -- Written by Brittany Umar.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV