NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Netflix (NFLX) shares rose 2.8% to $299.50 in premarket trading on Wednesday a day after the company announced is it is changing its pricing strategy and separating its DVD and streaming services into two different memberships.
The movie rental company unveiled a $7.99 DVD-only rental plan for those not interested in its streaming content. Previously, users had to pay $9.99 for unlimited DVD rentals and subscription access or $4.99 for just two DVDs per month.
Electronic Arts (ERTS) dropped almost 3% in premarket trading after announcing its acquisition of PopCap Games for $750 million.
Seattle-based PopCap was acquired by EA to expand its digital business, which the video game giant hopes will exceed $1 billion in revenue this year.
Business social network LinkedIn (LNKD) is now the No. 2 social network in the U.S., according to Comscore, after overtaking Myspace in June. Last month, LinkedIn had 33.9 unique visitors, while Myspace had 33.5 million visitors. Shares of LinkedIn rose 2.4% in premarket trading on Wednesday to $101.90.
Online storage service DropBox is raising venture funding at a $5 billion to $10 billion valuation, according to TechCrunch. The valuation would make DropBox one of the most highly valued tech start-ups, behind Twitter.
Wireless headset maker Jawbone on Tuesday said it had received $70 million in venture funding from JPMorgan's digital growth fund. The company has now received $170 million in total funding. --Written by Olivia Oran in New York.
>To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/Ozoran. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV